Electrical Engineer - Concept in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Concept Electrical Engineering position is part of the leading edge of discovery and new product innovation. If you're an inventor, a dreamer, a maker, and have an unparalleled passion to create new and interesting solutions to address user needs, and you have an extensive portfolio of consumer products you've designed and developed, we want you to work for us.
Our Concept Engineers are hands-on, creative spirits that can see past perceived barriers and use that mentality to uncover new ways of thinking to solve challenging user needs and technical hurdles. As part of a cross-functional team composed of equally motivated Design Researchers, Industrial Designers, and other Concept Engineers, you will work to uncover unmet user needs, ideate creative ways to solve the unmet needs, and act as the technical expert in the creation and execution of the ideas into concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ideate, evaluate and develop new technologies for use in power tool applications.
- Design and build quick prototypes that drive marketing and project leaders in their product feature decision process.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads and data acquisition systems.
- Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar field.
- 2+ years of experience in related design field.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
- Good understanding of C programming, especially relating to microcontroller peripherals and related development tools and processes.
- Working knowledge of various sensor technologies and their connectivity to microcontrollers.
- Application of off-the-shelf electronic development platforms (Arduino, Pi, etc.) for building fast prototypes.
- Familiarity with using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE and knowledge of industry best practices.
Milwaukee offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k matching. Milwaukee also provides an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues and company outings.