Cash Application Specialist in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The primary role is to perform a variety of accounting duties related to the maintenance of the customers' accounts receivable ledgers, primarily cash application.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure auto cash process is running correctly.
· Accurately apply payments that have not been applied thru auto cash to specific invoices taking into consideration any deductions.
· Ensure any deductions within the customer's write-off limits are cleared to the proper account within established guidelines.
· Handle other write off requests ensuring they have proper authorization.
· Identify customer deductions.
· Communicate with many other departments and customers on a daily basis.
· Handle refund requests on credit balances per established guidelines.
· Fax copies of statements, invoices and credit memos upon request from the customer or Collection Specialist.
· Review credit memos issued to the customers accounts. Match offsetting entries within guidelines.
· Assist with projects within and outside the department as assigned.
Education and Experience
· An education equivalent to a high school diploma and up to one year experience.
· Ability to work effectively in a face paced environment.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong communication skills