Manager Software Development - ERP in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Development Manager - ERP will work with the Director of Information Technology to establish the strategic direction for the ERP development group. This individual will provide guidance to the team on application development project and resource management issues including reviewing project requests, setting project priority and overseeing major development activities. The individual will work in partnership with development customers to translate their needs into application systems.
- Plans, assigns, and directs the activities of professional and technical personnel involved in the design, development, and systems analysis functions required to maintain and update existing ERP systems, create new applications modifications or integrate with software systems purchased from outside vendors.
- Implement project management best practices and apply to all facets of the application development life cycle.
- Conducts meetings with department managers to determine application development requirements based on new project priorities and system needs.
- The Manager will maintain a strong communication link with Business Process Managers to ensure that the output meets the needs of their business partners.
- Responsible for ensuring the stability of the ERP as it pertains to code reviews ensuring high quality standards are achieved.
- Work with the Directors of Information Technology to continually improve the level and quality of technology services.
- Supervise and provide technical leadership as well as encouraging and administering appropriate professional development opportunities for the Application Development team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Broad knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems
- Proven leadership and project management skills.
- Experience with large scale enterprise application projects. Preferably where multiple ERP systems are utilized.
- Extensive technical experience with database and reporting systems (Oracle, MS AX Dynamics, SAP).
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Exceptional analytical problem-solving skills with passion for data integrity, process definition, and continuous learning.
- Ability to work independently.
- Drives results and is solution-oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and follow-up skills.
- Maintain effective department-wide application development customer relationships.
- Possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or the equivalent work experience.
- Must have three to five years of experience in application development and experience managing application development projects.