This role is responsible for inventory reporting and planning. He or she will be a key participant in the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process. Position reports to the Manager -- Inventory Planning. This is a position with high visibility within the business. Individual must have strong communication skills as well as strong supply chain knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate/own tracking supply chain decisions that present risk to inventory projections such as market opportunities, supplier constraints, business risks.
- Manage inventory related to complex and continuously changing new product and product lifecycle schedules.
- Work on interdepartmental teams to implement best practices and improve processes.
- Support process for approvals and cross-functional accountability on inventory decisions.
- Monitors inventory turns and days of supply for individual business units and profit centers.
- Works with Finance and Channel Marketing on E&O inventory process and mitigation strategies.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Business or related technical field.
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience and minimum of 3 years of direct Supply Chain experience.
- CPIM certification is preferred.
- Experience with demand planning, capacity planning, master scheduling, and inventory control in a manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- Must have oral and written communications skills for presentations to all levels of customer and management