Wave Planning Supervisor in Olive Branch, Mississippi
We have an opportunity for a Wave Planning Supervisor in the Distribution Center. This position reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible building a team that executes planning, release, flow and prioritization of all orders destined for and currently in the Distribution Center on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift. Other functions under your leadership will include Order Management which provide order status to sales and customer support staff as well as DC leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates workflow through the intelligent wave releasing to balance and achieve picking efficiency and on time delivery goals and maintain continuity between shifts
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, internal/external customers and general labor
- Establish a working knowledge of customers' needs, sales cycles, order profiles and business processes.
- Responsible for planning/coordination of all three shifts. May also require working different shifts
- Coordinate with shipping and transportation to ensure workload is appropriately assigned to meet all pre-established routing goals
- Communicate and work closely with other departments to resolve order release issues, expedite rush orders, etc,
- Actively participate on projects affecting wave planning
- Provide direction for Dept. functions: receiving, material movement, including domestic and foreign freight shipments, picking, packing, shipping, inventory control, housekeeping, training, discipline, employee development, and safety in accordance with state and federal regulations and Milwaukee policies/procedures.
- Collaborate with managers and staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives of the facility and corporation.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement resulting in continually improving service levels to customers at a decreasing cost to the company.
- Evaluate employee performance, recommend appropriate corrective actions, recommends/maintains adequate staffing levels to respond to fluctuating workloads.
- Assist in maintaining all Dept. metrics that track performance relating to customer service, quality, and cost.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ensure the Following Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and plan production schedules for all freight types and customer order types based on equipment, labor, customer priority and inventory availability
- Responsible for leading and coordinating teams in the distribution center in order to meet production schedules and meet required safety, quality, cost, delivery and team objectives
- Orient, train/develop, motivate, counsel and assist team members in work instructions, production standards, and the balanced flow of work and problem resolution
- Perform all related supervisory and human resource functions (work assignments, attendance documentation, incident reports, performance counseling)
- Completes the waves in the warehouse management system
- Updates the wave sheets and communicates to distribution supervisors when work is ready to be released
- Allocates orders and releases work to distribution for the fulfillment associates to pick and consolidate
- Allocates product in inventory to outbound orders
- Responsible for overall organization and cleaning of area
- Other duties as required and assigned
- Communicate and collaborate with various operations and manufacturing departments to ensure timely release and completion of production orders
- Achieve target customer service levels
- Actively participate in daily or weekly production meetings to review priorities, capacity constraints, and discuss current/future production
- General office setting
- Repetitive motion
- Able to work in various temperature conditions
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Requires education equivalent to four years of high school; two year degree preferred
- Must have 5 years direct or indirect experience in a distribution center scheduling role
- Working knowledge in MS Office
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills in addition to supervisory experience and awareness of basic personnel practices.
- Ability to skillfully navigate in ERP and WMS system
- Strong organizational skills and stellar attention to detail are essential
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing