Advanced Quality Engineer II in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Advanced Quality Engineer II
The Advanced Quality Engineer provides quality engineering services to cross-functional project teams which include New Product Development, Product Support, and Value Engineering. Project team members are led by a Project Leader and include Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing, Quality, and Manufacturing. Primary duties are to lead and direct the quality activities of project teams to successfully meet Project Quality Objectives as well as project goals including Time-To-Market, Cost, and Performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve as the project team lead for the Quality and Reliability function while supporting process improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Marketing to translate customer needs into product requirements and specifications.
- Support the product design process including benchmarking and testing of concepts & prototypes.
- Develop and execute test procedures to validate product specifications and ensure Quality and Reliability readiness.
- Lead Risk Assessments (Design and Manufacturing) during the product development cycle.
- Perform failure analysis and recommend solutions with corrective action, as required.
- Proactively seek out quality improvements for new and existing products.
Quality Functions - New Product team:
- Work with the global quality teams to develop QC mitigation strategies for high risk specifications.
- Coordinate quality planning activities such as auditing, inspection, and control plans (incoming, in-process and outgoing) that drives user need CtQ requirements through product specifications and into manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with US, European, and Asian based manufacturing and supplier representatives to ensure operational readiness of new product launches.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of suppliers.
- Able to call, lead and conduct global, cross functional team members with the following participants: New product development engineering, internal/external operations/suppliers, quality and supply chain.
- Provide technical guidance to the PRC supplier quality team
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of related work experience in Advanced Quality, Quality Engineering and/or Reliability Engineering preferred
- Extremely critical thinker, able to evaluate and identify risks in the early product development cycle and able drive projects to mitigate those risks.
- Relevant experience with statistical tools such as MiniTab and ReliaSoft
- Ability to travel 20% of the time.