Advanced Manufacturing Development Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Under the direction of and reporting to the Advanced Manufacturing Technology Process Development Lead, develop and implement sustainable, robust and reliable complex manufacturing processes to achieve aggressive cost, quality and throughput goals and objectives.
This position works in a team environment and uses engineering expertise and project management abilities to contribute to the development and manufacturing of power tool accessory products.
Specific duties include:
Manufacturing Process Development:
- Develop innovative solutions; implement sustainable, robust and reliable complex manufacturing processes.
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge and experience in process evaluation tools: Design of Experiments (DOE), statistical data analysis, risk analysis, flow layout and other related engineering tools.
- Work with New Product Development design engineers to evaluate and advise product design for optimized manufacturability.
- Work with and lead development with equipment suppliers to deliver custom processing solutions to achieve goals and objectives.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and breakthrough processes to accelerate competitive manufacturing advantage.
- Utilize prototyping methods to develop and prepare engineering samples for evaluation and testing.
- Perform a variety of calculation and software aided analyses to prove process reliability, capability and sustainability.
- Preferred knowledge and experience with steel materials and heat treat processes.
- Exhibit vision and foresight to test process extremes and build a robust risk assessment analysis matrix to ensure project success.
- Provide multiple what-if scenarios to find best total cost solution with financial impacts with emphasis on delivery timelines.
- Strong emphasis on fixture and gaging design, development and implementation for repeatable process performance
- Lead mid to high level manufacturing projects, providing direction, guidance and engineering expertise to team members. Facilitate project flow involving regular contact with engineering, manufacturing and other cross functional teams.
- Drive and project manage major strategic cost, quality and delivery initiatives with aggressive focus on breakthrough process and technology improvements to achieve a substantial competitive advantage.
- Lead new product development processes to support product strategy and product roadmap
- Schedule, develop agendas to facilitate and document project meetings. Track project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to make formal presentations regarding project status to team and management
- Provide input with cross functional teams of baseline staffing and skillset required as related to the operational complexity of the process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work in a team environment and challenge status quo with respect to drive the best solutions for the business.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for machine and/or concept evaluations. Estimated yearly travel, 30% - 40%. Most trips will be contained into 1 week with possibilities of weekend travel.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds repeatedly to a height of 3-4 feet with possibility to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to learn technical material.
- Ability to be interactive "hands on" with each upcoming engineering project.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- College graduate or equivalent with degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical or Automation technical areas.
- Minimum of three to five years Manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineering experience required to acquire sufficient background and knowledge to assume responsibilities.
- Preferred enhanced specialty skills in new process development and implementing. Advanced computer knowledge and skills in MS Office and Solidworks/AutoCAD .
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Agility - Embraces change, domestic and international travel
- Passionate and Energetic - driven to be the best
- Entrepreneurial - Take ownership and appropriate risk, seek breakthroughs
- Drive for Results - Set plans, track progress and deliver commitments
- Team Oriented - embrace teams for overall business success
- Delivery - put theories into action