Technical Writer/Illustrator in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Under the direction of the Technical Publications Manager; primary duty is to assist in the development of the product literature, including manuals, on-product labels, and servicing documents, and other literature related activities associated with the development and support of Milwaukee products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write and layout concise, highly structured instructions directed toward a specific audience. Maintain electronic files for domestic and international product literature, including, but not limited to, manuals, on-product labels, service parts lists, service wiring diagrams, repair manuals, service instructions, and calibration manuals.
- Research and organize technical data, working closely with Engineering, Service, Agency, Legal, Liability, and international and domestic Marketing Departments.
- Create original illustrations for use in documentation from in-house sources.
- Write timeless ECNs to document changes to existing literature or the releases of new literature.
- Maintain Technical Publications databases, used by internal and external customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in technical communication, technical graphics, graphic arts or illustration or technical equivalent. English or Journalism degree with technical background will be considered.
- Minimum 1 year experience (can include internships).
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- General knowledge of proper power tool use and safety.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and as an individual contributor in a dynamic environment.
- Must be skilled in computer programs including Adobe Creative Cloud, and Microsoft Office. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator required. Experience in CAD programs recommended.
- Must have a basic understanding of programs such as Corel Draw, ProEngineer, TeamCenter, NX (UG), and ERP systems.