Supervisor - 1st Shift in Olive Branch, Mississippi
Duties and Responsibilities
We have an opportunity for a Returns Supervisor for Olive Branch Returns. This position reports to the Returns Manager and is responsible for the direction and management of the operations and business of Returns.
- Ensure the Dept. provides accurate, prompt deliveries to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for planning/coordination of Returns activities such as picking, put-away, receiving and processing return orders, shipping, ensure that all production goals are meet, quality improvements and material control. Should be proficient with PC and spreadsheets. May also require working extended hours.
- Provide direction for Dept. functions: receiving and processing return orders, material movement, including Greenwood transfer shipments, picking, repacking, tool audits, inventory control, housekeeping, training, discipline, employee development, and safety in accordance with state and federal regulations and Milwaukee Tool policies/procedures.
- Collaborate with managers and staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives of the facility and corporation.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement resulting in continually improving service levels to customers at a decreasing cost to the company.
- Evaluate employee performance, recommend appropriate corrective actions, recommends/maintains adequate staffing levels to respond to fluctuating workloads.
- Assist in maintaining all Dept. metrics that track performance relating to customer service, quality, and cost.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Candidates should have Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in a Distribution or Manufacturing environment
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills in addition to (2) years supervisory experience and awareness of basic personnel practices
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential and demonstrated computer literacy
- Requires a high level of attention to detail