The Metrology Technician is a vital part of a growing Quality Metrology team. This team is responsible for supporting accurate, timely measurement and data collection across the entire array of Milwaukee Tool products through the entire life cycle.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Comprehend blueprints with advanced GD&T callouts on a wide variety of components with complex geometries
- Quickly and effectively translate blueprints into measurement strategies using a variety of measurement tools including Optical and Touch Probe CMMs, Optical Comparators, 3D Scanning, and manual gages.
- This position may require the hands-on programming of a Zeiss and Hexagon CMM`s running Calypso and PC-DMIS. Hands on programming of Zeiss, OGP, and Micro-Vu VMM`s running Calypso, Neo, MeasureMind, Zone 3, and Inspect software as well as several other automated or software driven measurement tools.
- Understand and execute various levels of Metrology System Analysis including Repeatability, Reproducibility, multivariable Gage R&R, and Tool Correlation.
- Actively participate in Gage Calibration System with understanding of calibration methods and preventive maintenance.
- Collect and communicate data through a variety of software and user interfaces including MS Excel, Quality SPC software, and Database data entry.
- Ability to perform some level of data analysis is also a deliverable, including effective presentation of data.
- Communicate with engineers about their experimental intent and provide data that will satisfy Design of Experiment or experimental intention of engineers.
- Experience with writing work instructions and proficient at reading, comprehending, and executing actions of work instructions.
- Understand and utilize Technical Problem-Solving methods to work through problems or issues.
- Know and practice organization for industrial housekeeping.
- Operate lab equipment and gages properly and adhere to all safety requirements in the work area.
Career Growth Opportunities:
- Learn new measurement instruments & software and remain on the forefront of measurement technology.
- Grow design intent experience and blueprint drawing GD&T skills.
- Delve into manufacturing methodologies and advance machining/prototyping.
- Future possibilities in mechatronics & automation, State-of-the-art In-Situ Metrology.
Valued Skills, Experience, & Education:
- 5+ years Quality assurance, quality control experience or scientific data collection experience.
- Experience reading prints and using gages required.
- Computer experience and experience using SPC techniques helpful.
- Quality or Metrology certification desired in a directly related area. Associate degree preferred.