Product Manager - Parts in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Under the direction of and reporting to Vice President -- Service Operations or Director of Product Management, primary duties are to plan, grow and manage the product category(s) through the administration and coordination of a variety of marketing and service functions and projects while maintaining a cooperative relationship with internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and monitor strategies including product positioning, forecasting, cost reductions, product updates and/or obsolescence.
- Assist in the development of the overall departmental product strategy.
- Lead and interact globally with various cross functional teams and departments to collaborate and deliver objectives on schedule.
- Analyze and interpret findings and report to senior management.
- Assess and analyze new business or product opportunities and be able to articulate to management your findings and recommendation.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering to ensure all new product development is meeting all the required targets and is being delivered on time.
- Collaborate with brand & channel marketing to develop appropriate programs and promotions to deliver quarterly and annual budget.
- Act as the internal and external focal point for the resolution of product issues within the category(s) -- own your category.
- Champion and lead various departmental improvement initiatives.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of competitive & market information including product catalogs, price lists, current promotions, new product introductions and regulatory issues.
- Become the internal expert as it relates to competitive (Traditional and Non Traditional competitors) service parts programs
- Develop 3 year strategy & plan and initiate marketing and program efforts to grow profits in the category(s) of responsibility.
- Proactively manage the portfolio of products within the category(s).
- Drive operational excellence throughout the service parts management process, including continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that service parts lists, service parts lists manuals, and other service-related literature stocks are maintained. (Tech Lit and PSE)
- Ensure that all web-based and electronically-based service parts information is current and maintained. (Tech Lit and PSE)
- Work with Product Engineering in facilitating the addition/deletion of service parts and in the creation of parts lists and service-related literature. (NPD)
- Provide to Demand Planning the initial order quantities and Estimated Annual Usage for new parts.
- Work with Supply & Demand in Company inventory management to appropriately manage parts to meet delivery and availability demands in service centers and in the marketplace.
- Manage the duration of service parts availability after products have been discontinued. (S&D)
- Responsible for the maintenance and validity of all policies and procedures related to service parts.
- Work with Purchasing to determine the disposition of service parts after availability has been terminated.
- Provide management with part pricing guidelines for new and existing part price to meet Corporate goals.
- Work with sister companies within the TTI group and OEM customers to facilitate the exchange of service parts.
- Act as key point of contact for Sales, JSS, FSC, ASC, Customer Service and Marketing regarding service part issues (availability or pricing)
- Work with New Product Development team to determine service strategy, including warranty statement.
- Review current logistics process looking for alternative methods to receive, store, ship and sell service parts to ensure the best End User Experience and maximize profits.
Program Management and Development:
- Create service parts program to support the sales of parts thru all channels. Support the development and implementation of service programs such as special warranties, service contracts, or private labeled service programs. (Example: Bumper 2 Bumper, eService,)
- Drive Technology improvements to maximize the users experience in the purchasing of parts from Milwaukee Tool.
- Monitor, Measure, and Control the deliverables and results of service programs.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts related to the end user experience and internal support of service programs.
- Drive Communication of parts programs internally and externally to all touch points.
- Be able to create selling and inventory management programs for service parts
- Strong communication skills to work with third party customers. (Fidelitone/THD and Fastenal parts resolutions)
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or Industrial Technology or related area.
- Minimum 3 years experience in supply/demand planning, inventory management, and/or parts program management. Service Parts experience is a plus.
- Thorough familiarity with METCO products, warranty policies, service and inventory requirements and administration is required. Up to 5 years is preferred.
- Position requires accomplished analytic, written, verbal and interpersonal skills plus demonstrated track record of achievements in positions or increasing responsibilities, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- 10% travel is required to ensure that standards and procedures are adhered to.