Repair Technician 1 - 2nd Shift in Greenwood, Mississippi
The Repair Technician will perform repair and/or service work of Company products in accordance with prescribed procedures. The job requires using a variety of hand tools and small power tools to take apart and repair the customer tools. Each repair tech has a computer to review Tool Service Bulletins, pack out instructions for reconditioned tools and parts or tools collected for Quality Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all of the necessary repairs
- Read and comprehend repair order information and parts schematics.
- Diagnose the tool by performing a complete function test.
- Perform complete function test to confirm the tool is repaired properly
- Complete the information on the repair order form
- Work involves disassembly of units, diagnosis of operating difficulty, location and replacement of worn or defective parts within times in accordance with work instructions.
- Assist in other areas of the cell as needed such as material handle, 5's projects, stock shelves, pack items to ship to QE, etc
- Make decisions as to feasibility of repairs.
- Keep records of parts used and provide data for billing and/or warranty information.
- Recognize and report operational irregularities and defective materials.
- Set up and perform electrical and mechanical tests to insure product's repair and/or work performed is in conformance with prescribed quality standards.
- Work from parts sheets, specifications and drawings.
- Perform prescribed inspections.
- Technician may also be asked to complete shipping and receiving duties.
- Under supervision of the Lead Technician make recommendations as to warranty liability and any unusual repair problems.
- Work is subject to in process and final inspection.
- Responsible for quality of work, safety and housekeeping in assigned area.
Perform miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Repetitive motion
- Frequent bending, stooping, pushing and pulling of parts and containers
- Able to work in various temperature conditions
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires an education equivalent to high school diploma or GED
- Must have mechanical skills and diagnostic skills
- High attention to detail
- Basic computer and writing skills
- One year of mechanical or electrical work experience or equivalent education
Physical and Weight Lifting Demands
The physical and weight lifting demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.