Milwaukee Tool is looking for a Data Engineer in a fast-paced environment. We want developers that are detailed-oriented, passionate and have a keen business sense which is coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude.
Our developers work directly with the business and the BI team to architect and build solutions that solve real problems. As a Data Engineer, you must thrive in an environment of the challenge of creating something amazing and where you don't accept "we've always done it this way" as an explanation.
- Create and build robust data structures to support end user's analysis and decision making.
- Import and transform data according to business requirements.
- Work with the end users to understand requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into an effective technical solution.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
- Effectively communicate and interact with business and technical personnel in solving complex data related business and technical problems.
- Monitor data warehouse eco-system and identify opportunities to make enhancements.
- Ensure BI scheduled processes run and complete on a timely basis to ensure business continuity.
Adhere to timelines and excel in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Expert knowledge and experience with SSMS and SSIS.
- Experience with Azure Data Factory/Databricks/Analysis Services
- Strong understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Clear communication skills; the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non- technical internal clients.
- Advanced Experience working with data warehouses ETL applications
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be a self-starter, with the ability to learn new technologies and work independently.
- Business Acumen and understanding of basic data flow and processes in a manufacturing business
- Experience with non-relational data
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python, R)
- Familiarity with TimeExtender and ThoughtSpot and Power BI
Education & Business Experience:
- 3-5+ year's experience as a BI Developer or Data Architect
- College degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL and relational data