Senior Software Developer
Milwaukee Tool is seeking an experienced senior software developer to design and develop web-based applications and related APIs used by web and mobile clients. As a senior software developer, you will design, develop, test enhancements and new features for our fast-growing user base across the globe. Your primary responsibilities will be on the backend technologies and the web app.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in a collaborative development team and QA team members to iteratively construct software solutions.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Design, codes, tests, troubleshoots, debugs and documents those programs.
- Recognized for a high level of technical expertise in all phases of software lifecycle management.
- Support and improve current software and show a high level of ownership of assigned tasks through to completion.
- Participate in daily standups, review and planning meetings.
- Frequently reports and works closely with software programming lead on assigned tasks.
- Collaborate with members of IT on the best practices around software development and object-oriented programming practices.
- May be responsible for completion of a phase of a project.
- Regularly provides guidance to less-experienced programmers.
- Requires a thorough understanding of a number of disciplines including but not limited to databases, programming, setup/deployment and support services.
- Works with graphic designers and other members of internal project team and external contractors to develop programs, designs and make architecture recommendations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 10+ years of related experience and/or a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems (or related field).
- 6+ years of general .NET development experience
- Must have experience with unit and integration testing
- Must have experience working with agile methodology such as Scrum or Kanban
- Must have experience working with pull requests and code reviews
- Experience working in cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google) a plus
- Experience with CI and CD a plus