Senior Electrical Engineer - Battery & Charger in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Senior Electronics Engineer will lead the design of new products, responsible for all aspects of design including circuit design, modifying firmware, schematic capture, leading in-house PCB designers, board bring-up, and documentation. This includes working in a team environment interacting with marketing, mechanical engineering, and manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create new battery management systems using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE, and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Establish and execute test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data
- acquisition systems.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Drive supplier relationships to develop part/product specifications that meet performance requirements.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, FCC and ANSI.
- Modify and extend firmware written in C.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field
- 5+ years of experience in related design field.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the trade.