Mechanical Engineer - Battery & Charger in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Mechanical Engineer's primary role uses mechanical engineering expertise to contribute to the design and development of new products and support of existing products within the department.
Milwaukee is an industry-leading manufacturer and marketer of heavy-duty, portable electric power tools, accessories and hand tools for professional users worldwide.
Since its founding in 1924, Milwaukee has focused on a single vision: To produce the best heavy-duty electric power tools and accessories available to the professional user. Today, the Milwaukee name stands for the highest quality, most durable and most reliable professional tools money can buy.
Milwaukee currently employs approximately 1,500 people globally. The company continues to set industry standards, targeting professional tool users of all types with a product line that includes more than 500 tools, 3,500 accessories and 200 hand tools. Throughout its history Milwaukee's commitment to quality has remained steadfast. Quality is instilled using state-of-the-art technologies and sophisticated manufacturing techniques.
Day in the Life
As a Mechanical Engineer for Milwaukee you will be located at our Brookfield, WI office. Our corporate office is only 15 minutes from downtown Milwaukee and located near Miller Park, Milwaukee Zoo, Mitchell Park Domes, as well as many more attractions and restaurants.
You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed on the shelves of a Home Depot.
If you are interested in travel, domestic and international travel opportunities are available and sometimes required. In the US, Milwaukee Tool has three locations in Mississippi (two manufacturing and one distribution). Overseas, you will have the opportunity to work with Chinese engineering counterparts as well as meet with suppliers in Vietnam, Taiwan, and China.
Milwaukee offers benefits on your first day of work including health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k. Milwaukee also provides an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues and company outings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take a concept idea and make it come to life.
- Design and test products from concept to production.
- Develop design solutions to meet consumer requirements.
- Participate in field research.
- Facilitate project flow involving regular contact with manufacturing and other cross-functional team members.
- Interact with suppliers to develop part/product specifications that meet performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
- Evaluate product design relative to material selection, cost and reliability.
- Perform a wide variety of calculations and software aided analyses in the following areas:
- Mechanical stress analysis, material and heat treatment selection, tolerance and fit analyses, statics and dynamics, noise and vibration, thermal heat transfaer, and a variety of machine element design.
- Independently develop, write, and analyze test requests with the Milwaukee Tool Test Laboratory.
- Work as a technical resource to troubleshoot problems with manufacturing teams and suppliers.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering; or similar field.
- 2+ years of experience in related design field.
- GD&T and CAD proficiency
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
- Willingness to learn skill sets outside primary discipline.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time is required (travel includes Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the trade.