Human Resources Specialist - Part Time in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
This individual will be responsible for all HR activities in this location. This includes recruiting, performance management, onboarding, payroll and employee relations.
The position reports to the Human Resources Manager and is provided with strategic support and guideance from the corporate Human Resources department.
Flexible Schedule 20 Hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and staff nonexempt and hourly manufacturing positions to include facilitating the posting process, developing recruitment plans, identifying alternative recruitment sources, interviewing and assessing candidates and making offer and selection recommendations.
- Maintain new and existing applicant data through utilization of the recruitment system. Additional recruitment assistance with open positions at the corporate location including sourcing.
- Coach and provide guideance to location leadership on how to effectively manage employee relations, and performance management.
- Address and investigate employee issues and work with management to ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed uniformly across all departments and shifts. Provide disclipline when necessary.
- Initiate and drive all positive employee relations activities which include employee events, perks, recognition and rewards programs.
Administrative / Timekeeping
- Owner of the new hire orientation and onboarding in the Imperial facility. Ensure that all new hire documents are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manage ADP HRIS system for Imperial employee population.
- Manage the weekly timekeeping process to ensure all employees are paid accurately for their hours worked and adherence to Milwaukee Tool policies.
- Help new hires with benefit enrollment, partner with the corporate benefits team to assist with open enrollment
- File and maintain worker's compensation claims
- Mangage leave of absence and FMLA
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- Minimum 2+ years experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced and agile culture.
- Ability to adapt to constant change and competing priorities
- Excellent communicator, have the ability to accurately and effectively communicate to all employees
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- The ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgment and diplomacy