The Analyst II will be responsible for the balancing of inventory and incoming supply with demand to improve and maintain the delivery performance and inventory turns, provide input to the Supply Chain Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products including product life-cycle changes, and product end-of-life. The Sr Supply Planner is also responsible for long-term and mid-term capacity planning and executing the supply portion of the monthly S&OP process.
The Analyst II will work closely with the Sr Demand Planner, who is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products and executing the demand portion of the monthly S&OP process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Analyst II will develop and maintain production plans for items.
- Place/manage orders to coincide with supply plans from production facilities and 3rd party suppliers.
- Manage adjustments to plans as necessary, including changes to PO's, schedules, standard costing, etc. within the ERP system.
- Inventory planning and strategy development, such as target levels and promotional builds, etc.
- Communication of risks related to inventory and supply plans in terms of lead time and capacity constraints for products.
- Reach agreement with sales and marketing on acceptable/equitable quantities and timing.
- Develop complete analysis/timeline related to supply and demand for new product launches, product end of life, product transitions, and products transferring production location.
- Maintain metrics/scorecards on KPI's, including fill rates, inventory turns, E&O inventory, and production schedule adherence.
- Long and mid-term capacity planning.
- The Supply portion of the monthly S&OP Process.
- Other duties/continuous improvement projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Business or related Technical field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience, can be a combination of internships and/or professional level, with strategic planning, capacity planning, master scheduling, and inventory control.
- Understanding of ERP or WMS