Senior Electrical Engineer - New Product Development in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Senior Electronics Engineer will lead the design of new product, responsible for all aspects of design including circuit design, firmware, schematic capture, leading in-house PCB designers, board bring-up, and documentation. This includes working in a team environment interacting with marketing, mechanical engineering, and manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics hardware and firmware while providing oversight and guidance to junior engineers.
- Provide expertise and engineering support on high complexity projects.
- Effectively identify and communicate issues to upper management in a clear, concise, and timely manner while driving action based on urgency.
- Create new power tool circuit designs using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE, and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Strong understanding of power management and ultra-low power embedded hardware and firmware implementations.
- Establish and execute test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE and ANSI.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field (Master's Preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in related design field.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 20% (Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the trade.