Manager Human Resources - Mexico Operations in Torreon, Coahuila
The Human Resource Manager promotes and implements the Milwaukee Electric Tool values by planning and managing human resources programs and directing staff training, counseling, and disciplining staff. This position will also take the lead on developing organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues. Incumbent will have over 10 years' experience in an HR role in a Mexico -IMMEX type company and experience leading international teams.
This position is located in Torreon, Mexico. Please submit your resume in English.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supports management by providing human resources direction, advice and counsel
- Ability to coach and mentor team members through the process of understanding the needs and responsibilities of human resources within the MET organization.
- Understanding of US/Mexico cultural norms, traditions, and working with multi-cultural teams
- Guides management and employee actions by developing HR guidelines, communicating the guidelines and enforcing organization values
- Leads company's compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal requirements including any related to the registration with the Social Security Administration (IMMS), Labor Department, Environmental Requirements in Mexico (SEMARNAT), Payroll Processes (including Payroll application software knowledge), company formation and Maquiladora Registration experience.
- Maintains minimal company exposure to labor suits -- Union and non-union experience.
- Ability to work closely with the US and PRC counterparts to limit workplace issues due to the multicultural nature of MET business
- Establishes and maintains company records and reports; able to direct others in the organization and adherence to record-keeping guidelines. Both corporate and Mexico compliance.
- Maintains company organization charts and employee directory
Human Resources Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required. -- Business or related field.
- Ten or more years of HR experience in an IMMEX -Maquiladora setting required
- Current or previous experience in an HR Manager role in a large (500+ employee) manufacturing plant.
- Experience interacting with Government institutions.
- Start-up Plant experience.
- Bi-lingual candidate required, Spanish and English