Design Engineer - Accessories New Product Development in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Day in the Life:
As a Design Engineer for Milwaukee Electric Tool you will be located at our Brookfield, WI office. Our corporate office is only 15 minutes from downtown Milwaukee and located near Miller Park, Milwaukee Zoo, Mitchell Park Domes, as well as many more attractions and restaurants.
Milwaukee Tool is a tool brand used by professionals and made by professionals like yourself. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed on the shelves of a Home Depot!
If you are interested in travel, we have domestic and international travel opportunities. Here in the US we have three locations in Mississippi (two manufacturing and one distribution). Overseas, you will have the opportunity to work with Chinese engineering counterparts as well as meet with suppliers in both Taiwan and China.
Milwaukee offers benefits on your first day of work (health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k) and an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues and company outings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in field research to aid in the development of design solutions to meet our end user's needs.
- Take a product from concept through mass production with supervision and provide Engineering deliverables in all phases.
- Facilitate project flow involving regular contact with manufacturing and other cross-functional team members.
- Provide clear engineering information to Project Leaders and the Global Engineering team through PowerPoint and graphical tools. Data must be presented in a manner that facilitates effective decisions.
- Interact with suppliers to develop part/product specifications that meet performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
- Work with Senior Engineers to gain the aptitude and experience working with Operations, Quality and Suppliers to establish appropriate specifications and delivering conforming products.
- Evaluate product design relative to material selection, cost and reliability.
Establish test regimens for components and assemblies within his/her scope in the project with minimal guidance.
- Deliver complete data analysis to support design recommendations
Gain experience performing a wide variety of calculations and software aided analyses in the following areas:
- Mechanical stress analysis, material and heat treatment selection, tolerance and fit analyses, lubrication, gear design, statics and dynamics, sound and vibration on a variety of machine element designs.
- Independently develop, write and analyze test requests with the MET Test Laboratory.
Work as a technical resource to troubleshoot problems with manufacturing teams and suppliers.
Education and Requirements:
- Serve as a technical resource on areas of expertise and provide consultation/mentorship to others.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- 2+ years related experience
- Computer skills needed include Unigraphics (NX8.5) or similar 3D CAD package.
- Experience with FEA preferred.
- Continuously developing Mechanical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of engineering materials, mechanical properties and an understanding of the manufacturing processes associated with these materials.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- High interest in tools of the construction trades.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time is preferred (travel includes Domestic and International)