Materials Manager - Mexico Operations in Torreon, Coahuila
Materials Manager - Mexico
Under the direction of the Materials Manager, this position is responsible for providing operational support and for developing, documenting, and executing processes as well as providing training that will assure the continuing accuracy of all inventories.
This position is located in Torreon, Mexico. Please submit your resumes in English.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Discover and identify the root cause of each material inventory variance
- Create and support inventory control methods, policies, and procedures
- Develop and implement best practices that will ensure the collection and appropriate dissemination of accurate and detailed inventory reporting
- Leads count approval process for count variances
- Identifies areas needing improvement and leads initiatives to shore up gaps in processes
- Prepares and conducts training on transactional and ERP processes, as indicated by findings, to eliminate errors attributed to inventory control deficiencies.
- Develop cycle counting schedules that meet selected criteria, such as target cycle frequency by category, dollar value of inventory counted, and other goals that may be developed from time to time.
- Works in partnership with finance to coordinate and lead bi-annual 3rd party on-site inventory audits relating to inventory control.
- Practice 5S
- Coordinate requisitions, orders and distribution of component and raw materials, equipment and supplies.
- Manage inventory and real-time logs of inventory.
- Works with the entire organization to lead and develop inventory strategies, continuous improvement, and to adopt best practices relating to inventory control
- Analyze SCOP or use forecasts to provide needed materials to suppliers or production users at the appropriate times.
- Perform cost-benefit analyses to inform decision-making about materials and sup
Requirements and Qualifications
- Business or Engineering Bachelor's degree required. -- CPIM/APICS certification preferred
- Seven to ten years of Materials Management experience in an IMMEX -Maquiladora setting required
- Current or previous experience in a Materials Manager role in a large (500+ employee) manufacturing plant.
- Oracle EBS experience preferred. R12 or 11i.
- Start-up Plant experience.
- Must have strong analytical and technical accounting skills;
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to organize data and to perform, review and clearly explain independent analyses.
- Must have advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite - Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel knowledge and be able to use and create pivot tables and v-lookups;
- Experience in a leadership role
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge in Lean practice
- Ability to motivate team members and drive results
- Ability to lead/drive change, and influence/coaching others
- Mentor junior members or peers
- In depth experience and expertise with ERP Systems. Super User and or implementation skills a big plus.
- Experience working with Integrated Business Management/SIOP improvement activities
- Must be able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure and have the initiative to address problems and make continuous process improvements;
- Must be able to rely on expertise, knowledge and common sense to manage tasks that have a broad and direct impact on business;
- Must be a self-starter who demonstrates superior professionalism and integrity, good business judgment, a positive action-oriented attitude, and a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to pass background and credit screening process.
- Bi-lingual candidate required. Spanish and English.