Senior Sourcing Manager in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Senior Sourcing Manager
Under the direction of and reporting to the Director of Procurement, primary duties are to develop and implement sourcing strategies that support New Product Development and ongoing manufacturing operations. Drive sourcing strategy and execution for raw materials, components, tooling, capital equipment, and services. Develop and execute cost reduction plans to meet or exceed annual budget objectives. Own supplier relationships including negotiations, business awards, contracting, scorecards, risk mitigation, and problem resolution (capacity/cost/quality). Drive sustainable tools and process improvement within the Procurement team globally as well as cross-functionally.
This position requires a high degree of professional integrity, ethics and confidentiality. The Senior Sourcing Manager may be assigned direct reports in addition to managing suppliers. Tasks and projects that address broader organization-wide issues outside of the procurement department may be assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute cross functionally aligned sourcing strategies for assigned Direct Material and Finished Goods categories. Develop and execute prioritized plans to implement the strategies
- Negotiate and manage complex business agreements and contracts, both domestic and international
- Manage the entire lifecycle of sourcing & procurement projects, working closely with suppliers and internal customers from planning & bid preparation to budget/forecasting, general delivery specs, negotiation, contracting, invoicing and reporting
- Understand all projects in the Business Unit to ensure appropriate coordination between multiple initiatives.
- Actively participate in new product development projects and manage the purchasing activities involved with initial phases of new product qualification and introduction
- Prepare and execute RFP/RFQ's and analyze quotations and bids. Conduct, analyze, and share cost break down analysis to aide negotiations of per unit cost, commanding best overall cost and commercial terms
- Proactively coordinate the supplier selection and qualification process. Influential in driving projects to completion to achieve aggressive time lines
- Build partnerships with internal stakeholders to gather and/or understand the requirements of their procurement needs; facilitate communication between business units, internal stakeholders, and suppliers to align on strategies
- Must be an expert in the assigned commodities and understand the relevant manufacturing processes and capabilities, materials, applications and industry trends
- Conduct research on market dynamics, cost drivers, supplier business models, and historical spend to enhance negotiations for assigned categories and contracts
- Evaluate existing sources for technical and manufacturing capabilities, quality systems, management and financial stability, cost competitiveness and responsiveness
- Research and evaluate alternate sources of supply. Drive opportunities within cross functional teams and make recommendations for alternate suppliers, designs and materials to reduce costs and supply risks
- Establish and maintain reliable sources of supply to ensure timely procurement of all assigned goods, materials and services. Implement and manage long term agreements which deliver best in class quality, delivery and total cost
- Initiate necessary correspondence or personal contact to expedite purchased goods, revise purchase orders, effect cancellations, improve terms, resolve disposition of rejected goods and rework costs, adjust invoice discrepancies and rectify other related problems, as needed
- Drive sustainable tools and process improvement within the Procurement team globally as well as cross-functionally.
- Responsible for coaching and development of subordinates. Write performance reviews and handle all employee relations related issues
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Supply Chain/Logistics, Business, Engineering, Finance, or related technical field. Specific course work in purchasing, materials management, engineering or quality assurance desirable. MBA a plus
- Seven or more years sourcing or related experience, including proven capability using advanced procurement principles with global supply chain management responsibilities
- Global strategic sourcing experience with raw materials, engineered components, and finished goods. Knowledge of specialized metals and alloys along with associated manufacturing processes desirable
- Must exhibit strong negotiating skills and demonstrate proven success negotiating, implementing and managing complex supply contracts
- International sourcing/supply chain development a plus
- Strategic sourcing experience with capital equipment, tooling, and other indirect spend categories desirable
- Seeking an aggressive, determined individual with excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills are required
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or globally (up to 25%)
- Supervisory experience preferred
- C.P.M./CPSM certification a plus