Production Manager Motors - Mexico Operations in Torreon, Coahuila
Production Manager -- Motors Mexico
Scope - Responsible for managing the Motor production daily operations coordinating with all concerned departments to make sure the necessary resources are available for the production to meet the requirement of our internal and external customers in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the Manufacturing team to reach company's KPIs target according to company's safety, quality, delivery and cost performance;
- Monitor closely and improve the Manufacturing process and plan & get necessary internal operations resource to meet the production requirements.
- Monitor Daily Productivity & Quality Performance, Production Volume and WIP levels, to meet company yearly targets.
- Control department cost within budget
- Drive innovation and Continuous Improvement, Identify and implement changes to keep safety cost down, enhance productivity and upgrade efficiency and quality.
- Generate required reports to keep Management informed while keep team focus on improvement efficiencies and metrics on target.
- Manage and develop staff in accordance to Milwaukee Electric Tool business culture.
- Estimate production costs
- Set production budgets
- Manage production budgets
- Implement cost control programs
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including supply chain, engineering and Maintenance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Position reports to the Manager of the Plant
Production Manager - Motors Requirements and Qualifications
- University / College in engineering, manufacturing management or related discipline.
- Experience with Motor Manufacturing and Assembly -- 7+ years.
- Technical expertise in the electromagnetic development of high-performance electric motors and actuators
- Direct technical interface for customers
- Experience in joint development of projects with precision assembly group
- Experience developing motor test methods and systems
- Cross-functional collaboration expertise with prototype build and production groups
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an IMMEX manufacturing operation.
- Extensive experience on manufacturing engineering that focus on production process, process improvement with the ability to communicate technical specification with engineering and quality;
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Practices.
- Bilingual Spanish and English
- Good interpersonal skills, self-motivated and capable to work under high.
- Advance problem-solving skills
- Decision making within confines of agreed performance goals.
- Ability to handle multiple customers/priorities with minimal supervision, under challenging conditions;
- Strong oral, written, analysis and presentation skills;
- Able to anticipate the needs of internal/external management and to resolve any issues impacting production plan satisfaction.
- Optimize the use of human resources by encouraging an atmosphere of involvement, open communication and effective teamwork.
- Discussion and direction occur via regular one to one and Tier Management meetings with the Director level staff. Review and feedback occur via periodic goal reviews, annual performance and career development reviews