Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Assembly - Mexico Operations in Torreon, Coahuila
Manufacturing Engineering Manager (PIE/VE/Lean) - Assembly
Scope. - The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will provide manufacturing engineering support functions to assembly, test, development engineering, NPD management, supply chain, quality assurance, supplier assistance, pricing and support departments. This person will also drive cost saving, design for manufacturing, test equipment design & validation, safety, and other activities as appropriate.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the Manufacturing Engineering team to reach company's KPIs target according to company's safety, quality, delivery and cost performance;
- Provide direct leadership and supervision to Manufacturing Engineers.
- Provide technical leadership and support to the Assembly, Test, and Manufacturing Support teams.
- Overall accountability for the quality and standardization of Production instructions, Routings, and Manufacturing BOMs.
- Assure all new Product Designs and Launch's meet Milwaukee Electric Tool standards for "Design for Manufacturing" and standard cost.
- Assure adherence to NPD practices as it relates to Assembly & Test.
- Overall accountability for timely resolution to manufacturing assembly parts problems, determine root cause, and institute corrective action to prevent future problems. Trace current problem sources and develop methods to correct issues promptly.
- Customer and Supplier interface on higher level and systemic issues relating to Product Design and function.
- Monitor closely and improve the Assembly process and plan & get necessary internal operations resource to meet the production requirements.
- Drive innovation and Continuous Improvement, Identify and implement changes to keep safety cost down, enhance productivity and upgrade efficiency and quality.
- Generate required reports to keep Management informed while keep team focus on improvement efficiencies and metrics on target.
- Manage and develop staff in accordance to Milwaukee Electric Tool business culture.
- Lead teams through process changes and ensure project objectives are met.
- Effectively utilize resources outside span of control to achieve both individual and team goals. This could include operating budgets and control of project performance against goals regarding capacity efficiency quality and safety
- Steer and participate in the manufacturing knowledge work centers and support the development of process standards.
- Drive process and design standardization as appropriate across the organization.
- Perform other duties as needed to meet customer expectations
- Position reports to the Manager of the Plant
Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Requirements and Qualifications
- BS degree in engineering, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing management or related discipline.
- Experience with Assembly Operations Assembly -- 10+ years.
- Influence manufacturability in design internally with the NPD teams. Actively engage with supplier and Process Engineering to evaluate potential new processes and materials to improve cost, reliability and quality.
- Must possess strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing implementation.
- Good technical writing and verbal communication skills required.
- *Good analytical skills along with a solid understanding of PC tools such as Microsoft Project Word Excel PowerPoint, Autocad and a Visio.
- Direct technical interface for customers
- Experience developing assembly test methods and systems
- Cross-functional collaboration expertise with prototype build and production groups
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an IMMEX manufacturing operation.
- Extensive experience on manufacturing engineering that focus on production process, process improvement with the ability to communicate technical specification with engineering and quality;
- Bilingual Spanish and English
- Good interpersonal skills, self-motivated and capable to work under high pressure
- Advance problem-solving skills
- Decision making within confines of agreed performance goals.
- Ability to handle multiple customers/priorities with minimal supervision, under challenging conditions;
- Able to anticipate the needs of internal/external management and to resolve any issues impacting production plan satisfaction.
- Optimize the use of human resources by encouraging an atmosphere of involvement, open communication and effective teamwork.