New Product Development Engineering Manager - Mexico Operations in Torreon, Coahuila
The New Product Development Engineering Manager reports directly to the Vice President Engineering. Primary duties are the leading, growing and managing of the engineering team responsible for new product development located in Mexico.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leader of the team in the new product development process.
- Management of Mechancial Engineering Teams, Electrical Engineering Teams and Test Lab team that supports New Product Development.
- Hire, develop and motivate responsive engineering staff and plan for future needs.
- Work globally with engineering, operations and suppliers to ensure smooth new product development introductions.
- Prepare budgets, status reports as necessary to effectively manage the engineering team.
- Allocate the resources properly per the project priorities to ensure timely project release within Budget.
- Enhance the communication between cross-functional team members
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Masters degree prefferred
- At least 8 years experience in small household appliances or power tools development
- Ability ot lead and grow employees
- Strong engineering mindset with in-depth Power Tools knowledge is an advantage.
- Sound knowledge in plastic injection molding, blow molding, die casting, machining, forgings, stampings, electric motor manufacturing, pcba and assembly
- Proficiency in computer skills such as Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of 3d CAD, NX preffered
- Familiar with application for safety approval such as UL, CSA, CE, BS, SAA.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Good communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Independent, able to work pro-actively and effectively, self-starter and hardworking.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (travel includes Domestic and International).