Electrical Engineering Manager in Torreon, Coahuila
The Electrical Engineering Manager reports directly to the New Product Development Engineering Manager and is a member of the Engineering department management team. Primary duty is the management of the Electrical engineering team responsible for new product development located in Mexico.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain familiarity and understanding of Milwaukee's development and manufacturing processes
- Hire and develop electrical engineers and plan for future needs
- Management of Electrical Engineering teams that support New Product Development
- Supply training and guidance to team
- Work globally with engineering, operations and suppliers to ensure smooth new product development introductions.
- Allocate the resources properly per the project priorities to ensure timely project release within Budget
- Conduct improvement and cost reduction of the existing products
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Masters degree preferred
- At least 5 years experience in small household appliances or power tools development
- Strong engineering mindset with in-depth Power Tools knowledge is an advantage
- Sound knowledge in design and manufacturing of electic motors, switches, batteries and pcbas and embedded systems, Also understanding of assembly processes
- Proficiency in computer skills such as Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Good communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Independent, able to work pro-actively and effectively, self-starter and hardworking
- Ability to travel up to 10% (travel includes Domestic and International).