Mechanical Engineering Manager - Mexico Operations in Torreon, Coahuila
The Mechanical Engineering Manager reports directly to the New Product Development Engineering Manager and is a member of the Engineering department management team. Primary duty is the management of the Mechanical engineering and Project Leader team responsible for new product development located in Mexico.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire, develop mechanical engineers and project leaders and plan for future needs.
- Management of Mechancial Engineering teams and Project Leaders that supports New Product Development.
- Supply training and guidance to team.
- Work globally with engineering, operations and suppliers to ensure smooth new product development introductions.
- Allocate the resources properly per the project priorities to ensure timely project release within Budget.
- Conduct improvement and cost reduction of the existing products.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, masters degree preferred
- At least 5 years experience in small household appliances or power tools development
- Strong engineering mindset with in-depth Power Tools knowledge is an advantage.
- Sound knowledge in plastic injection molding, blow molding, die casting, machining, forgings, stampings, and assembly
- Proficiency in computer skills such as Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of 3d CAD, NX preffered
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Good communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Independent, able to work pro-actively and effectively, self-starter and hardworking.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (travel includes Domestic and International).