Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Torreon, Coahuila
Job Type: Engineering
Date Posted: 7/18/2019
The Lab Manager reports directly to the Director of Engineering and is a member of the Engineering department management team. Primary duty is the management of the test lab.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide instructions and guidance to subordinates and maintain continuing surveillance over operations and activities to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Participate as a member of the department's management team in the development of strategies, plans and improvement initiatives.
- Formulate and guide the implementation of long- and short-range plans, policies and programs pertaining to product testing.
- Prioritize, evaluate and schedule incoming work assignments for departments and make necessary adjustment in work force to satisfy these requirements. Evaluate employee utilization and provide guidance to department supervisors to increase efficiency and quality of testing and prototypes.
- Select, develop and motivate staff to a high level of competence capable of meeting current and future expertise/skills. Motivate and encourage employee development.
- Perform administrative activities necessary for the effective management of direct reports, including pay administration, setting goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed.
- Prepare budgets, budget forecasts, departmental goals and other reports as necessary to effectively manage department. Make recommendations for improvements to department's operations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a four-year college degree with technical major. An advanced degree in Business, Engineering, or related discipline preferred.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English and Spanish
- 7-10 years of functional experience in engineering test lab environment. 2-3 of these years served in a management role.
- Well-developed managerial skills combined with technical expertise along with a working knowledge of planning, budgets and financial analysis is essential for success in this position.