Sourcing Analyst -- North America
Under the direction of and reporting to a Senior Sourcing Manager, primary duties are to support Indirect Sourcing of supplies, services and tooling.
This position requires a high degree of professional integrity, ethics and confidentiality. Tasks and projects that address broader organization-wide issues outside of the procurement department may be assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing Supplier management support in the form of Forecasts, Purchase Orders, Invoice and Quality problem resolution, and related issues.
- Monitor and analyze Supplier capacity, global demand and vendor quality
- Initiate necessary correspondence to expedite purchased goods, revise purchase orders, effect cancellations, improve terms, resolve disposition of rejected goods and rework costs, adjust invoice discrepancies and rectify other related problems as assigned
- Actively participate in assigned projects and manage the purchasing activities involved
- Influential in driving task completion to achieve aggressive timelines
- Prepare and execute RFP/RFQ's and analyze quotations and bids. Conduct, analyze, and share cost break down analysis to aide negotiations of per unit cost; drive best overall cost and commercial terms
- Conduct research as directed on market dynamics, cost drivers, supplier business models, and historical spend to enhance negotiations for assigned categories and contracts
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Engineering, Business, or related technical field. Specific course work in purchasing, materials management, engineering or quality assurance desirable
- 2+ years' experience in a similar role
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written, analytical, and presentation skills are necessary
- Seeking an aggressive, determined individual with excellent organizational skills
- International sourcing/supply chain experience a plus
- Internship/Co-Op experiences in purchasing, manufacturing or related experience a plus
- ISM and/or APICS certification a plus