Electrical Engineer - IoT in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Electronics Engineer will lead the design of new products, responsible for firmware design, development and documentation. This includes working in a team environment interacting with hardware electronics engineers and marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics firmware for IoT applications while providing oversight and guidance to junior engineers.
- Strong understanding of power management and ultra-low power embedded hardware and firmware implementations.
- Establish and execute test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CE, FCC and ANSI.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar field.
- 2+ years of experience in related design field.
- Proficient in C and C++.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the trade.