Sr Analyst - Supply Planning in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Position will be responsible to manage the production schedule and drive improvements in planning and operational processes; analyze forecasts and inventory changes; provide accurate and timely information to ensure customer requirements are met and production resources are properly optimized. This position is actively involved in communicating with a variety of departments including production, purchasing, sales, engineering, and distribution. The role leads the planning of production, capacity, inventory, labor, and other production drivers with the goal of meeting customer expectations of on-time delivery. The role is a key interface with operations to effectively and efficiently manage the shop floor, including coordinating and improving scheduling at the machine/process level. Further, the role through process knowledge and data-driven analysis will be a key contributor to production process and production flow enhancements to drive continuous improvement for the delivery metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and provide scheduling and planning for Milwaukee Tool US production facilities.
- Analyze trends, develop reports, facilitate communication and provide feedback on production and supplier performance
- Work with production teams and suppliers to develop Recovery Plans as necessary
- Perform Risk Analysis and Risk Planning on the schedule when necessary
- Advises management of risks that may affect schedules or expected deliveries
- Use MRP System (Microsoft Dynamics AX) to plan production orders, safety stock requirements, and maintain desired inventory levels
- Monitor slow moving inventory and obsolescence and drive improvements to achieve inventory goals and reduce obsolescence
- Balance current and future customer demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities
- Recommend adjustments to inventory levels
- Monitor daily utilization, capacity and performance statistics for all departments and work centers
- Serve as the capacity-planning expert on cross-functional production and project teams
- Create monthly reports on key utilization and performance
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of the Master Production Schedule and report performance internally for all products.
- Responsible for determining material availability, capacity, and production priorities
- Lead resource to investigating ERP planning functionality and how this functionality can be utilized to optimize plant scheduling and operations.
- Scenario planning anticipating changes in the business and aligning groups.
- Partner with finance to align production plan with financial plan, maximizing value.
- Possess effective communication skills by demonstrating meaningful two-way communication by speaking clearly, paying attention, seeking to understand others, listening attentively, and clarifying information.
- Influences others; persuasively presents thoughts and ideas; inspires commitment and ensure support for ideas. Maintains a positive, supportive, and appreciative attitude.
- Demonstrates the capacity to think in a careful and discerning way, to solve problems, to analyze data, and to recall and apply information.
- Demonstrates the ability to choose between alternative courses of action using cognitive processes
- Demonstrates the ability to map processes of possible consequences of decisions, to work out the importance of individual factors, and to choose the best course of action.
- Demonstrates ability to plan what is to be achieved, identifying resource requirements, assigning responsibility for tasks, and communicating deadlines and expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management or related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of production planning and scheduling experience
- Experienced in Schedule Analysis
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated experience in using MS Office suite products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to use, navigate, and optimize an ERP system to plan production and purchases.
- Microsoft Dynamics experience preferred.
- Ability to interact and influence all levels of the organization
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi task in a busy, deadline oriented environment
- Ability to assess needs and solve problems
- Must be able to take initiative
- Ability to travel 15% of time.