Director of IT - Data & Analytics in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The IT Director -- Data & Analytics will transform our company through the use of data and analytics across the enterprise to drive rapid growth and efficiency. Will create a data strategy that demonstrates the art of the possible and elevates analytical capabilities across the company to enable digital capabilities and future competitiveness. Will develop and execute a multi-phased roadmap and portfolio of initiatives and select and implement new technologies to enable this vision. Will serve as the go-to expert on data and analytics capabilities across the business and will work closely with business leaders to identify opportunities and implement solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish Data & Analytics vision, strategy, and roadmap for the enterprise. Rapidly expand traditional data warehousing and operational reporting capabilities and develop plan for "big data", predictive analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and IoT capabilities.
- Establish data governance, data quality, and master data management practices.
- Create a common data framework and data lake so that all company data can be analyzed across the enterprise.
- Build a service model that meets the non-homogeneous needs of the business -- full-service to self-service across the entire data landscape.
- Provide daily leadership to IT Data & Analytics team as it applies to the services provided. Provide daily coaching and mentoring to IT staff.
- Serve as a member of IT Leadership team reporting to the CIO setting overall direction, establishing standard processes across IT organization, and balancing budgets, resources, and priorities to focus on key initiatives.
- Build, lead and grow a team that can quickly identify and develop solutions to business problems, learn new technologies, and serve as data and analytics experts for the business.
- Identify and scope projects and ensure the successful execution of a portfolio of initiatives leveraging both agile and waterfall project methodologies.
- Partner and collaborate with all functions of the company to ensure data needs are addressed and the required data is modeled and available to analysts and end-users.
- Negotiate contracts and service agreements with vendors and suppliers for appropriate IT technologies and services.
- Facilitate effective communication with individuals at all levels to deliver business value and adoption.
- Manage overall resources and develop and attract best-in-class IT talent to support organization's rapid growth and increasing investment in technology. Help make Milwaukee Tool an IT employer of choice.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with IT concentration required. MBA, or other Master's degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 10 years IT experience required, with a minimum of 5 years of data and analytics experience and 5 years of IT leadership.
- Deep expertise working in data & analytics with large volumes of data and experience with "big data", predictive analytics, visualizations, IoT, artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML).
- Experience with both on premise and cloud-based tools and solutions. Experience with Azure related technologies (such as Data Bricks, Data Factory, Analysis Services, etc.) as well as SQL, Power BI, and ETL tools.
- Experience with data modeling and data warehouse/data lake design.
- Experience as change agent and data expert elevating the use of data within a business and developing a state of the art data practice.
- Experience working with large, global manufacturing business applying data to solve business problems in supply and demand planning, inventory, distribution, quality, service, sales, marketing, production, and finance.
- Proven experience in formulating global IT strategies and developing multi-year roadmaps, especially for data and analytics.
- Strong financial skills and excellent communication skills.
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies.