Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Property Plant and Equipment and Project Accounting.
- Understand the needs of the business and be able to provide Fixed Asset/Project Accounting information to management, tax department, internal auditors, and external auditors.
- Assist with several month-end close procedures and tasks including preparing journal entries and intercompany transactions.
- Reconcile capital spend and with project accounting growth on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the ongoing, timely, and accurate preparation of account reconciliations.
- Help the business adjust to IFRS guidance in a rapidly growing accounting department.
- Work in cross functional groups to create more efficient and accurate business processes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the process of continuous improvement. Identify and eliminate non-value-added activities and streamline processes.
- Work with consultants to help them better understand our business and its needs.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and manage quantitative data and creating meaningful reports.
- Demonstrate agility by adapting to changing needs of the finance and operational departments, able to create meaningful ad hoc "what if" financial analysis.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well in diverse, cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.