Under the direction of and reporting to the Factory Service Center Branch Manager, the primary duty of the Repair Technician will be to perform repair and/or service work of Milwaukee products in accordance with prescribed procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work involves disassembly of units, diagnosis of operating difficulty, location and replacement of worn or defective parts within times in accordance with work instructions.
- Perform prescribed inspections and make decisions as to feasibility of repairs.
- Keep records of parts used and provide data for billing and/or warranty information.
- Recognize and report operational irregularities and defective materials.
- Set-up and perform electrical and mechanical tests to insure product's repair and/or work performed is in conformance with prescribed quality standards.
- Work from parts sheets, specifications and drawings.
- Requires an education equivalent to high school diploma or GED.
- One to two years of previous experience in electrical and/or mechanical repair is preferred.
- Experience of two to three years in a customer service position is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver heavy material, weighing up to 300 lbs.
- Must possess effective business communication skills and ability to understand local branch market.
- Must be proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office applications.