Electrical Engineer - Battery & Charger in Brookfield, Wisconsin
As an Engineer for Milwaukee you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarter in Brookfield, WI. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed from concept to production in the hands of professionals.
Domestic and international travel opportunities are available and sometimes required. In the US, Milwaukee has manufacturing locations in Mississippi. Overseas, you will have the opportunity to work with Chinese engineering counterparts as well as meet with suppliers in other areas of Asia.
Milwaukee offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k matching. Milwaukee also provides an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues and company outings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
- Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis.
- Develop and maintain familiarity and understanding of Milwaukee's development and manufacturing processes.
- Work with and establish trusting relationships with engineers throughout Asia and the world.
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics including hardware and firmware.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads and data acquisition systems.
- Design to and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE and ANSI.
- Provide engineering support on low to mid-level complexity projects.
Battery & Charger Design
- Design, prototype and test switched mode power supplies and lithium-ion batteries containing embedded electronics including hardware and firmware under the supervision of senior engineers.
- Troubleshoot switched mode power supply and lithium-ion battery embedded electronics down to the component level.
- Develop and apply a manufacturing mindset to designs in order to effectively and efficiently mass produce products
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- 2+ years of experience in related design field.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time is required (travel includes Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the trade.
- Good understanding of C programming, especially relating to microcontroller peripherals and related development tools and processes.
- Good understanding of analog and digital system tradeoffs and design, especially related to signal integrity and noise analysis.
- Familiarity with using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE and knowledge of industry best practices.
Battery & Charger Design
- Familiarity of switched mode power supplies including EMC, magnetics, and power semiconductors.
- Understanding of lithium-ion charging principles and the tradeoffs between the pack and charger.
- Understanding of lithium ion pack discharging behavior and controls.