Product Support Engineering Manager in Torreon, Coahuila
Resumes must be sumbitted in English!
Manage a group of supervisors, sr. engineers and engineers, direct the resource and talent to achieve keeping the manufacturing running smoothly and improve the production to enhance the value of current product.
- Participate as a member of Operation management team in the manufacturing trouble shooting process, improve manufacturing efficiency, product engineering system, enhance the communication between cross-functional team members and other general management and administrative activities.
- Work closely with US counterpart & NPD team to solve the problem and design review for product improvement.
- Work proactively to lead and coordinate with cross functional team solving problem and resume production in the shortest time and minimize the impact on production and shipment.
- Need to lead and work with PUR and PMC on supplier's issues such as, relocation of supplier manufacturing location, alternative component changes dual sourcing due to capacity issue, supply shortage, etc.
- Recruit, develop and motivate highly competent, responsive engineering team and plan for future needs. Provide training and guidance to them.
- Prepare project budgets, status updating. and other reports as necessary to effectively manage the daily engineering related production problem activities.
- Work with Operation, Production and Quality Managers and other expert teams to ensure that manufacturing process direction is correct, and the product specifications are clear.
- Assess and identify project risks, make decision and develop accurate, trouble free product.
- Allocate the resources properly per the project priorities to ensure timely project release within Budget.
- Review design documentation to ensure the design guidelines is followed, quality system requirements are adhered.
- Build and broaden product knowledge through competitive tools study.
- Develop product /components platform/guide line/Capture know how.
- Conduct improvement and cost reduction of existing product.
- Sharing the manufacturing trouble shooting experiences with NPD to improve next generation product design.
- Mission of introducing innovation into the teams. Built-in innovative idea into the products.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Production or other related Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- At least 8 years' experience in electric appliance or power tool development in which at least 5 years' experience in leading engineering projects from concept to market, at least 3 years managerial / supervisory experience.
- Strong engineering mindset with in-depth Power Tools knowledge is an advantage.
- Sound knowledge in Plastic Molding & Metal operations.
- Sound knowledge in Gearbox system & Motor structure.
- Proficiency in computer skills such as Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge with NX or Pro-E.
- Familiar with application for safety approval such as UL, CSA, CE, BS, SAA.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, with CET-6 is an advantage.
- Good communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Independent, able to work pro-actively and effectively, self-starter and hardworking.
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineering Supervisor.