The Motor Engineer reports directly to the Sr. Motor Engineer. This team supports New Product Development from concept to mass production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with global engineering, operations and quality teams to design new products from concept to launch
- Motor engineer on mid/high complexity New Product Development projects
- Provide clear engineering information to Project Leaders and the Global Engineering teams facilitating trade off decisions
- Create and execute test plans to verify motor performance and design limits
- Perform root cause failure analysis of motor test failures
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 0-2+ years of design experience
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes for DC brushed and brushless electric motors
- Good understanding of design processes for DC brushed and brushless electric motors
- Good communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% (travel includes Domestic and International).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and hands on aptitude
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point
- Fluent in spoken and written English