Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly in Torreon, Coahuila
Manufacturing Engineer -- Assembly
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing sustainable, robust and reliable complex manufacturing processes to achieve aggressive cost, quality and throughput goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manufacturing Process Development:
- Develop innovative solutions; implement sustainable, robust and reliable complex manufacturing processes.
- Strong GD&T/drawings interpretation skills
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge and experience in process evaluation tools: Design of Experiments (DOE), FMEA, PFMEA, statistical data analysis, risk analysis, flow layout and other related engineering tools.
- Work with and lead development with equipment suppliers to deliver custom processing solutions to achieve goals and objectives.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and breakthrough processes to accelerate competitive manufacturing advantage.
- Preferred knowledge and experience with steel materials and heat treat processes.
- Exhibit vision and foresight to test process extremes and build a robust risk assessment analysis matrix to ensure project success.
- Provide multiple what-if scenarios to find best total cost solution with financial impacts with emphasis on delivery timelines.
- Strong emphasis on fixture and gauging design, development and implementation for repeatable process performance
- Lead mid-level manufacturing projects, providing direction, guidance and engineering expertise to team members. Facilitate project flow involving regular contact with engineering, manufacturing and other cross functional teams.
- Drive and project manage major strategic cost, quality and delivery initiatives with aggressive focus on breakthrough process and technology improvements to achieve a substantial competitive advantage.
- Lead new product development processes to support product strategy and product roadmap
- Schedule, develop agendas to facilitate and document project meetings. Track project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to make formal presentations regarding project status to team and management
- Lead and coordinate equipment installations to ensure production targets are met.
- Establish baseline staffing and skillset required as related to the operational complexity of the process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work in a team environment and challenge status quo with respect to drive the best solutions for the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two to four years of Manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineering
- Preferred enhanced specialty skills in new process development and implementing. Advanced computer knowledge and skills in MS Office and Solidworks/AutoCAD
Education and Experience Requirements
- Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical or Automation technical area or equivalent.