Milwaukee Tool (Milwaukee) is seeking Mechanical Engineers to join our New Product Development, R&D, Reliability and Value Engineering Teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take a concept idea and make it come to life.
- Design and test products from concept to production.
- Develop design solutions to meet consumer requirements.
- Participate in field research.
- Facilitate project flow involving regular contact with manufacturing and other cross-functional team members.
- Interact with suppliers to develop part/product specifications that meet performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
- Evaluate product design relative to material selection, cost and reliability.
- Perform a wide variety of calculations and software aided analyses in the following areas:
- Mechanical stress analysis, material and heat treatment selection, tolerance and fit analyses, lubrication, spur and helical gear design, statics and dynamics, noise and vibration and a variety of machine element design.
- Independently develop, write and analyze test requests with the Milwaukee Tool Test Laboratory.
- Work as a technical resource to troubleshoot problems with manufacturing teams and suppliers.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering; or similar field.
- 2+ years of experience in related design field.
- GD&T and CAD proficiency
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
- Willingness to learn skill sets outside primary discipline.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time is required (travel includes Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the trade.