Environmental Health Safety Leader in Torreon, Coahuila
Please submit your resume in English.
This position is located in Torreon, Mexico.
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager will play an integral role in maintaining plant environmental compliance, environmental regulatory permits as well as OSHA, EPA, and fire code compliance. Additionally, the EHS manager will develop and implement safety, health and environmental programs.
- Manage development and maintenance of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and product compliance labeling
- Direct and manage activities relating to acquiring, record keeping and reporting of EPA operating permits
- Manage and regulate the Company's Hazardous Waste Program
- Coordinate and/or complete industrial hygiene, monitoring and sampling activities
- Manage the annual EPA reporting programs and required documentation
- Continually evaluate newly published regulations to keep current with changes that affect our business and practices
- Review regulatory, safety and environmental requirements for new products and potential raw materials.
- Review safety requirements for new manufacturing processes and changes in existing processes
- Responsible for liquidation and disposal of excess inventory, raw materials, and waste
- Coordinate Accident Reporting and Prevention implementation at all locations
- Manage the Workers Compensation program and train EHS champions at all locations
- Oversee in-house voluntary response teams including spill response and first aid response
- Participate in and support the Company's philosophy and Continuous Improvement programs.
- Other Duties as assigned
- B.S. Degree in Environmental Engineering or other related field strongly preferred
-Minimum 7 years of manufacturing, plant or environmental engineering related experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of industrial processes, mechanics, chemistry, and industrial health and safety laws
- Ability to prioritize duties in a changing environment and still meet business objectives
- Must be adaptable with ability and willingness to efficiently manage multiple priorities and business demands that continuously shift in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with multiple levels of employees from multiple locations, and implement and drive programs forward
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively lead/facilitate teams. Able to work effectively with internal and external resources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including effective presentation skills and one-on-one communication
- Team player with an entrepreneurial drive and high integrity; Positive attitude and ability to motivate and energize others