This position is located in Torreon, Mexico.
Please submit your resumes in English.
Reporting to the Manager of Quality Engineering, works with occasional supervision and from broad guidelines and objectives, the primary duty of this position is to provide a wide variety of process analysis and process improvement activities to internal and external customers. The fast-paced environment allows the opportunity to implement new, innovative solutions both within the quality team and company-wide. As part of working for Milwaukee Tool, you will assist in the launch of many new, exciting products which deliver unique solutions to our end-users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, develop and revise Quality Policies, Procedures, System Instructions, Engineering Standards and Work Instructions.
- Perform process analysis on machines, equipment and systems to facilitate process improvement. Track process performance and provide feedback to engineering, manufacturing and management.
- Provide services to the manufacturing, distribution and suppliers in process improvement to reduce process variation and increase process control.
- Help consult with Engineering and other functional teams on statistical techniques and continuous improvement tools, such as process analysis, flowcharting, design of experiments and strategic planning, to engineers, buyers, suppliers, etc.
- Conceive, plan, organize and coordinate all phases of assigned special projects to improve efficiencies, simplify workflow and reduce costs.
- Apply statistical methods such as gauge R & R, design of experiments and statistical process control to quality related issues.
- Help manage and create corrective action plans used in the corporate office to ensure timely root cause analysis and effective corrective/preventive action.
- Perform process and quality system audits to ensure compliance to specifications and documented procedures.
- Determine acceptance quality levels by means of random sampling techniques, where feasible.
- Maintain a current knowledge of:
- The latest gauging methods, procedures and software and introduce them into the company where appropriate.
- The latest drawing and test specification standards (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance, etc.)
- Total Quality Management and related trends and philosophies. Maintain a working knowledge of other quality systems such as the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award criteria and QS9000.
- The ISO 9000 series of standards and their interpretations.
- The structure and workings of the Milwaukee Quality System and all certifying agency requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Previous experience with Green belt or Black Belt skills or statistical methods