Please submit your resumes in English.
This position is located in Torreon, Mexico.
The Quality Technician is responsible for following procedures to inspect supplier's parts and materials in the cell utilizing safety standards as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform work per work instructions
- Inspection of component and workplace audit with documented results
- Initiate corrective action as required
- Setup and operate optical comparator to measure angles, lengths, center distances and radius
- Part measuring using standard inspection equipment -- calipers, micrometers, dial bore gages, etc.
- Maintain updated records and prints on parts verified on CMM.
- Use Lab Master and other lab equipment for gage calibration.
- Order new or additional gages and dispose of obsolete or worn gages.
- Conduct heat treat testing per specification.
- Manage calibration recordkeeping and update records on system.
- Inspect all incoming material per quality instructions
- Enter NCR in computer and control parts until disposition is determined
- Maintain received files and records and update required records to show gauge status
- Using gauge calibration procedures, verify gauging used within cells
- Adhere to all safety requirements in the work area
- Practice 5Ss
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions, as well as drawings and blueprints
- College level math skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of engineering standards
- Leadership skills
- Ability to interpret drawings
- Proficient with using manual measurement equipment
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Quality experience