Inventory Control Manager in Greenwood, Mississippi
This position is under the direction of the Plant Manager and is responsible for inventory management and control.
This involves directing processes aimed at inventory best practices, and includes activities relating to cycle counting and physical inventory and controlling inventory accuracy in the most cost effective and efficient manner. Included is developing initiatives and strategies, in-line with company goals, to improve the overall inventory management in concert with lean thinking.
This position is a recognized leader and facilitator and continually interacts and collaborates with key stakeholders across the company. Analyses, identifies and reports on inventory for potential E&O.
Builds best practice processes in support of the infrastructure, including lean enhancement of policies, practices and procedures.
Establishes performance requirements and clarifies responsibilities to those managed, which includes conducting performance appraisals, identifying/communicating plans for individual employee improvements, and communicating merit increases and related information to employees as appropriate. Provides coaching, mentoring, and training.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business related field
- 7+ years' experience in a Distribution, Manufacturing and/or Service related industry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Inventory Control Management experience in a high SKU environment.
- In-depth knowledge of lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, project and risk management and leadership experience within a supply chain.
- Solid analytical and planning skills -- Must be capable of breaking down complex requirements into a quantifiable action plan.
- Advanced knowledge of business and ERP systems and MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong business acumen and communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Experience implementing lean enterprise methods (Lean, Six Sigma or equivalent). Lean or Six Sigma certification as well as APICS or CPSM certifications preferred.