Quality Test Engineer
The Quality Test Engineer is responsible for establishing, implementing, and communicating product testing strategies for new and existing products across Milwaukee Tools global manufacturing footprint. The Quality Test Engineer role will work closely with New Product Development, Product Support, and Value Engineering teams to exploit competitive and current product performance to improve the overall quality of Milwaukee's product offerings to consumers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop testing procedures, fixtures, and equipment requirements during design phase of new products. Prepare efficient test procedures to be used globally.
- Exhibit vision and foresight to test the extremes of product design and uses.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Marketing, and Quality to translate customer needs into product testing procedures.
- Collaborate with the global Reliability Engineering team on product test methods, test fixtures and equipment requirements, and manage test-site correlation within parallel NPD project schedules.
- Support Product Support team in designing and executing tests to replicate field failures with the goal of quantifying and confirming performance improvements.
- Proactively advise project teams on improving current testing methods.
- Use statistical methods to interpret test data and make formal recommendations to product design teams.
- Create documentation of test fixtures, theory of operation, and specifications.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and schedule implications.
- Act as technical resource to other departments to address and resolve test issues.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Ability and willingness for global travel -- Up to 20%
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 1+ years of related work experience in Test Engineering, R&D, Reliability Engineering, and/or Quality Engineering preferred
- Knowledge of Test and Measurement techniques, including sensor technology, signal conditioning, measuring techniques, data acquisition and performance calculations.
- Relevant experience with statistical tools such as MiniTab and ReliaSoft
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Experience with programming languages such as LabVIEW, Visual Basic, C, ladder logic, assembly is a plus.