Under the direction of and reporting to the Regional Service Manager, primary duty is to oversee and coordinate the activities of the Branch, including supervise, direct and coordinate all after-sales activities of the assigned Factory Service Branch and local Authorized Service Centers. Management of the after-sales business will include actively selling after-sales system solutions to both distribution and end-users. Provide expert after-sales product knowledge to distributor/end-user customer base, executing strategic initiatives, partnering with sales and JSS to capture market share, grow sales and build strong relationships and manage specific administrative duties for the Branch as defined by the Regional Service Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Factory Service Branch Manager:
Operations / Management
- Supervise direct report employees, including coordinating, prioritizing and overseeing all activities, while driving direction of branch operations and assigning responsibilities and duties. When warranted, recommend to Regional Service Manager personnel changes in status and maintain conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Perform administrative activities necessary for the effective management of direct reports, including pay administration, setting goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed.
- Manage day to day branch operations, in an effort to grow sales, market share, profitability and service levels. Operate within trending, budget and KPI goals.
- Assist with management of ASC strategy, including annual review and audit of local branch market ASCs to ensure compliance and meeting partnership goals.Train new branch personnel per onboarding training plan and current branch personnel as needed.
- Assist RM in hiring of new branch employees.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate and indicated inventory levels of parts, accessories and supplies.
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of the Branch engaged in the sale and service of Company products in accordance with established procedures.
- Answer alarm calls and take necessary action to secure company property and goods when needed.
- Assist Regional Service Manager in various projects as assigned.Perform repair and/or shipping/receiving responsibilities as required.
- Strategically plan customer visits to cultivate relationships, perform presentations, offer innovative after-sales programs and communicate plans. Create opportunities for the account/end-user to grow their relationship and business with Milwaukee Tool. Present reports to the accounts which show after-sales KPI tracking and areas of concern and/or opportunity.
- Work with JSS team, local Sales Regional Managers, SAM's and Territory Representatives to coordinate efforts to target key distributors and top professional end users accounts with after-sales solutions.
- Team with other individuals within the JSS team, National Accounts, Field Sales, or other corporate personnel to offer assistance to drive sales.
- Drive sales and brand awareness by creating, executing and communicating strategic after-sales business plans. Monitor actual results vs. the plan throughout the year, making adjustments when appropriate.
- Implement strategic After-Sales corporate brand marketing initiatives, including delivering the Brand Message both internally and to customers.
- Be the after-sales business expert in the defined territory by knowing Milwaukee's breadth of after-sales products and services as well as the competition's.
- With respect to After-Sales, position self as a resource and leader with the field sales and marketing organization assisting them in implementing the Key Accounts business plans.
- Build value added relationships with key customers and organizations in the market.
- Support and implement strategic After-Sales corporate brand marketing initiatives.
- Travel to Branches as needed to serve as back-up to branch personnel who are out of the office.
- Perform sales and service counter duties; draw parts from stock as needed to service counter trade; maintain monetary transactions; record maintenance and assist with inventories as required.
- Perform counter procedures including answering phones, placing orders, logging in tools, and assisting walk-in customer traffic.
- Develop primary knowledge of the market place (users, applications, products, competition, and channels).
- Provide feedback from the field to corporate management regarding:
- Product and application trends related to new After-Sales products and services.
- Quality and performance of Milwaukee products through filing of Field Product Reports and following up with Q.E. as needed.
- Trends in competition, end users and channels of distribution.
- Develop goals and self-evaluate performance toward achieving those goals.
- Cooperate with the Regional Service Manager's efforts to train, coach & mentor for continuous improvement in his/her performance.
- Other duties as assigned or necessary to branch operations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred. Preferably business-related.
- Requires an education equivalent to high school diploma or GED, and specialized coursework in business, accounting, or management.
- Minimum of three years experience in a Sales/Service related field is preferred.
- Prior management experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office applications.
- Must possess effective business communication skills, broad business perspective, and market savvy.
- Requires a valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.