Materials Supervisor - Imperial Blades in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
The Materials Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision of Shipping, Receiving and Cycle Counting activities in addition to some master scheduling. This person will be responsible for identifying best practices and implementing changes in the Imperial Blades supply chain, planning systems, and internal plant processes to reduce inventory, improve cost, while continuing to satisfy customer demand.
Additionally, they will manage multiple moderate to highly complex materials and supply chain projects.
Due to the nature of this position, interaction with all departments throughout the organization is common; performs work in both an office and manufacturing environment.
This job description lists major areas of responsibility and additional job activities may be added at any time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and materials expertise to team members with very little guidance
- Balances and leads workforce to optimize safety, quality, delivery and cost to ensure proper use of assets
- Responsible for training new materials employees
- Provides leadership over moderate to highly complex supply chain projects, such as:
- Inventory turnover and accuracy goals
- Customer on-time delivery
- Cross-functional continuous improvement initiatives with focus on quality and productivity gains
- Being a change agent and problem solver. Measure, analyze and assess process performance in an effort to drive improvement
- Develop and create production schedules for finished goods and component items based on equipment, labor, and raw material availability that considers distribution stocking levels or direct customer requirements
- Develop and maintain capacity tools
- Lead cradle to grave product management reducing risk of supply disruption and end of life excess and obsolescence
- Assist in benchmarking, identifying best practices, and implementing change
- Develop and lead best practice relating to inventory control, management and replenishment
- Super User and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for ERP System and Materials Processes and Procedures
- Personal development to include continuously updating skills related to inventory control best practices
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Associates or Bachelor's degree required in a business related field and 7-10 years of supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience in supervision with solid leadership skills
- Ability to navigate skillfully in ERP system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills required
- Strong organizational skills and a stellar attention to detail are essential
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient math skills including adding, subtracting, multiply, and dividing decimals
- Working knowledge of Lean, CSCP, or APICS certification preferred