Advanced Manufacturing Manager in Jackson, Mississippi
Under the direction of and reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, prepare recommendations and analyses for the development of new or improved manufacturing processes to execute sustainable breakthrough and cost out improvements. Establish manufacturing standard time values and gather data for the analysis of manufacturing processes and costs on complex and involved projects and make recommendation from the analysis.
- Lead mid to high level new product development manufacturing projects, providing direction, guidance and engineering expertise to team members.
- Facilitate project flow involving regular contact with engineering, manufacturing and other cross functional teams.
- Drive and project manage major strategic cost, quality and delivery initiatives with aggressive focus on breakthrough process and technology improvements to achieve a substantial competitive advantage.
- Lead new product development processes to support product strategy and product roadmap
- Schedule develop agendas to facilitate and document project meetings. Track project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Manage project budget/capital expenditures.
- Make formal presentations regarding project status
Manufacturing / Suppliers
- Investigate and develop component material and process recommendations
- Interact with suppliers to develop product and process specifications that meet or exceed performance requirements while also achieving best in class manufacturing process capabilities.
- Drive innovation and cost down solutions for processes and product
- Manage suppliers to ensure on-time delivery and quality products
- Be the technical liaison between the design engineering group, production, and suppliers to help resolve issues
Process Design Analysis
- Knowledge of material and heat treat selection, Design of Experiments (DOE), FMEA, DFM/DFA, PCP, statistical data analysis and other engineering tools.
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving is critical to be successful in this position.
- Exhibit vision and foresight to test process extremes and build a robust risk assessment analysis matrix to ensure project success.
- Provide multiple what-if scenarios to find best total cost solution.
- Well-rounded understanding of financial and schedule impacts.
- Drive process and design standardization as appropriate across the organization.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, or Business major with extensive technical experience.
- Minimum 5 years Manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineering experience required.
- Excellent problem identification and resolution skills.
- Results driven and deadline orientated. Ability to manage projects to aggressive schedules and results.
- Ability to handle fast paced, and agile culture. Ability to adapt to constant change and competing priorities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Project.