Under the direction of and reporting to the Advanced Sourcing Manager, primary duties are to support sourcing of components, assemblies, and tooling as directed in support of New Product Development/Cost Reduction/Supply Improvement projects. Need to balance the required quality, cost, lead time, and term requirements while successfully delivering to project requirements.
This position requires a high degree of professional integrity, ethics, and confidentiality. Tasks and projects that address broader organization- wide issues outside of the procurement department may be assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Key team member for New Product Development projects and manage purchasing activities involved with initial phases of new product qualification and introduction.
- Function as Project Manager for purchasing and supplier related activities for North America Milwaukee Tool facilities. Influential in driving tasks to completion to achieve aggressive timelines. Will work with various cross-functional stakeholders such as Project Leader, Engineer, Finance, Sourcing, Supplier Quality, Manufacturing, and Suppliers to deliver NPD projects.
- Prepare and execute RFP/RFQ's and analyze quotations. Conduct, analyze, and share cost breakdown analysis to aid negotiations of per unit, tooling, and Non-Reoccurring Engineering (NRE) cost. Drive best overall cost and commercial terms manage to them throughout the project.
- Communicate opportunities identified with suppliers for alternate manufacturing processes, designs, and materials to reduce cost with cross-functional teams.
- Support the development, review, and approval of supplier selection criteria using the standardized process/tools for New Product Development projects. Communicate supplier selection decisions to impacted associates and stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing vendor management support in the form of Forecasts, Purchase Orders, Invoice and Quality problem resolution, and related issues. Includes travel to supplier and/or Milwaukee Tool production facility during critical part sample runs/builds.
- Analyze and monitor supplier capacity, global/regional demand and vendor quality on initial production start-up.
- Initiate necessary correspondence or personal contact to expedite purchased goods, revise purchase orders, effect cancellations, improve terms, resolve disposition of rejected goods, and rework costs, adjust invoice discrepancies, and rectify other related problems as assigned.
- Able to effectively escalate issues/risk and propose a mitigation plan to address.
- Continuous Improvement, Process Development/Creation to support New Product Development Purchasing (Power Tools) functional area. This includes identifying and implementing purchasing best practices which could translate other procurement teams.
- Mentor and coach new members of the Advanced Sourcing Team as the team expands
- Work with various TTI global facilities- USA, China, Europe, and Mexico
- Act as the voice of the supplier during early NPD development
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Engineering, Business, or related technical field. Specific course work in purchasing, materials management, engineering, or quality assurance desirable
- Minimum 3 years experience in similar role
- Must exhibit strong negotiating skills and demonstrate proven success negotiating, implementing, and managing complex supply contracts
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written, analytical, and presentation skills are necessary
- Seeking a determined individual with excellent organizational skills
- Candidate must have the ability to manage through ambiguity
- Ability to manage projects/programs strongly desired
- International sourcing/supply chain experience a plus
- Travel required up to 25% domestically and internationally, sometimes on short notice
- ISM and/or APICS certification a plus
- Multi-lingual (Spanish, Mandarin) a plus