The Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring all manufactured product meets quality standards, develop, implement and sustain Quality Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions for all manufactured products, analyze quality performance utilizing statistical and analytical tools and methods to drive continuous improvement, as well as develop and train an auditing team within the manufacturing group.
Due to the nature of this position, interaction with all departments throughout the organization is common in addition to corporate interaction.
This job description lists major areas of responsibility and additional job activities may be added at any time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and perform quality system audits to ensure compliance to specifications and documented procedures.
- Develop, train and mentor auditing team within manufacturing group
- Perform the lead auditor responsibilities of planning, scheduling, conducting meetings and documenting results.
- Provide training and advising to work areas on statistical techniques and tools for continuous improvement
- Establish standards to measure process performance and improvement.
- Provide expertise on the use of various specialties related to business such as process analysis, flowcharting and strategic planning.
- Coordinate corrective action systems used throughout the company to ensure timely root cause analysis and effective corrective/preventive action.
- Coordinate with suppliers and customers relating to quality trends, performance and corrective action.
- Respond to customer requests for quality information.
- · Maintain a detailed knowledge of the structure and workings of the Milwaukee Quality System
- Maintain proficiency in the area of Total Quality Management and related trends and philosophies
- Perform MRB functions within the Milwaukee Tool Manufacturing Facility
- Research and document non-conformances in QMS system to generated NCR and CAR process
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships within the team environment
- Act as backup for all team members
- Contribute to team effort by performing related tasks as needed to assist in overall goals
- Perform yearly Peak reviews for all quality team members
- General manufacturing environment
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS/BA Degree and minimum of three (3) years' experience and/or equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Ability to skillfully navigate in QMS, WMS and ERP systems
- Strong organizational skills and stellar attention to detail are essential
- Solid communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge in MS Office
- Ability to understand and use work planning skills